Friday, January 6, 2012

A New Year's Resolution

Now that I've got a two Warmachine armies under my belt, and have two Hordes armies to paint up, I've decided that they'll need a battlefield on which to wage war.
I've set myself the goal of creating a gaming table, as well as all the terrain and scenic elements too. I'll be trying to balance my hobbying time between this project and my army painting projects too - oh, and making sure I get to the local club once a fortnight to get my game on.

I've always loved the modular elements of the Citadel Realm of Battle
Gameboard - but for AUD$450 definitely not an option.
I haven't decided on the theme for my battlefield yet, but with so much inspiration to be found online, I'm sure the trouble will be deciding which theme to pursue!
I'd like to make a proper table specifically dedicated to my mini-wargaming, but sadly our apartment doesn't have the space for one. So it looks like I'll be exploring the option of making a gameboard which can be stored when not in use.

Warmachine Gameboard - Commissioned by Penny Arcade
I'm very excited about this project, and I've decided that I'll be splitting my hobby time evenly between my army painting projects and terrain making projects. That'll mean my armies will take longer to finish of course, but hopefully I'll still be able to maintain a steady pace with them.

Sync out.

1 comment: