Friday, July 6, 2012

Snow Table

One of my favorite things about mini-wargaming is the ability to create amazing worlds. Creating fantastic battlegrounds where armies can battle over scenic terrain pieces really helps bring the world to life.
There's something about a frozen battlefield - a cold, harsh environment, that is really appealing to me... maybe it's because I've only been to the snow 3 times, and I've only actually seen it snow once. Either way, I want to make a snow table for wargaming!


I wish I had the ability, budget and living room space to make something like the above, but for now I'll have to settle for something more practical. I've done a few terrain pieces before, but no 'snow themed' pieces - although I might look at modifying my existing terrain pieces to suit a snow theme.

Anyway, I'm really excited about this project, and with my pledge to learn Warhammer 40K my motivation to make a snow wargaming table is at dangerously high levels! It won't be for a 6'x4' - the limited space I have is 5'x3' dining table (that I'm assuming would suit games at lower points level) which I'll probably just put a grass or snow mat over. It'll be a humble little project, but I'm still really excited about it.

Sync out.

No comments:

Post a Comment