Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Getting Some Guild On

Last night I had the pleasure of being able to watch a game of Malifaux at the new LGS (Good Games CDB!) with two friendly and enthusiastic Malifaux veterans.
Now, I had read battle reports and watched videos on Youtube, but I guess the photos, descriptions and videos can only capture so much of the experience - because I enjoyed that game WAY more than I should have! I wasn't even playing!
My initial thoughts on the game was how unique the set-up was and how narrative-driven the games were. Choosing your list after the Scenario is determined, and combining Scenarios and Schemes really adds a unique story element to the game, which I haven't really experienced before - and enjoyed tremendously.


So of course today, I headed straight back to the LGS and grabbed up another crew to add to my Guild - The Gunslingers (pictured above, sitting on my desk) as well as the Austringer, though he's not pictured above.
Having only recently opened, the LGS was a little understocked, and being the overeager beaver I am, I jumped online and ordered the rest of my Guild forces from the good people at Defiant Gaming.

Lots more Malifaux to come!
Sync out.

No comments:

Post a Comment