- Easier movement of units on the table-top
- The potential to minimise the number of models you have to paint
- Less difficulty in ranking up your models
- More appreciation for the models beyond the first rank of troops
- The freedom to create fantastic dioramas for your units
- Easier transportation of models
Here are some examples of multibased units that Google Images found me (most just happened to be for Undead armies):
I'll definitely be pursuing the multibasing option for my Kings of War Dwarf army, mainly to minimise the number of models I have to paint. I mentioned previously this would be primarily a modelling project, and although I won't be aiming for anything as fancy as the fantastic examples above, I'm hoping that I'll be able to create an army I can be proud of, while still being functional on the table-top.