Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Dice Trays

I love dice. I love the feeling of shaking a fistful of dice, the feeling of throwing them down and watching in anticipation on the results of the roll.
So much so that I have various dice towers in my terrain collection (both from CNC miniatures, their standard dice tower and two of their portable dice towers).

But now I want dice trays! Don't ask why, because I don't know why. Anyways, checking out available options online didn't really yield any products I'd be willing to pay for, but I did happen to stumble across a great looking DIY option.

So the next time I went shopping with the family, I kept my eye out for an appropriate looking photo frame - ideally a square shape with the right 'depth' for the dice to sit in the tray without rolling out.
It wasn't long before I stumbled across this set at Big W (a department store we have here in Australia):

It says AUD$10, but I actually got it for $8 - even more of a bargain!

And here's a photo of each frame, with some standard d20s in there for scale

After cutting a piece of felt to size, and slipping it on top of
the glass, my dice tray was ready.
Note that this is the smallest photo frame in the set, and
Dreadball model and 10mm d6 dice are for scale.

Sync out.

1 comment: