Thursday, November 21, 2013

A Twist of Fate


With Malifaux v2 upon us, and Wyrd's regular releases of their new plastic Malifaux models, it was getting harder and harder for me not to pick up another crew. I already have some Guild models painted up, but they've never even seen the tabletop, so I wasn't sure that I would be able to justify purchasing another crew just to paint up.
And then fate smiled upon me - my wife begged and pleaded with me to let her buy some girly crap (shoes, bags, clothes whatever), to which I reluctantly agreed - on the condition I get an equal amount of pocket money to spend on awesome toy soldiers. Well, that was that - I was off to Underground Wargames for another purchase!


But where does someone start in the world of Malifaux? The game seems to be in a transitional state between editions - which models are current and won't be phased out in a few months time? I don't fancy the idea of spending my little hobby funds and extremely limited hobbying time on models that would be updated in the near future...
Well, after a lengthy correspondence with Underground Wargames via Facebook (it was actually 28 private messages over the course of a day) I had the information I needed to make my initial crew purchase, with a few extra models to bolster the crew as well.


So which crew did I pick up? Well, after some speedy next day delivery from the guys at Underground Wargames, my package is waiting for me at home right now (I know because I received the tracking email!) and I'll take some snaps when I get home tonight and post up in the morning! So stay tuned, more Malifaux 2E action to come!



Sync out.

2 comments: